Sunday, July 18, 2010

Drugstore.com


So, remember when I got that great deal on contact lenses a few months back?
Well it turns out the deal was even better than I originally thought. Today I got an email telling me that I had $23.77 in Drugstore.com points to spend before July 31. These were accumulated from my Vision Direct purchase of contacts. I guess these are sister websites. So basically I was about to get $23.77 of free stuff!
I wandered around the site to find the best deals. Orders of $49+ have free shipping, so I figured I would try to get the best deal possible and spend a few extra bucks past my freebies.
I was going to order the Neutrogena Clinical that has a free rebate right now -- which would have been a $23 moneymaker since the cost is about $35 and I had the $23 free. I would have paid $12 OOP, but got back $35. Unfortunately they were all sold out! You have to purchase the product by today in order to get the rebate, so that was a no go for me. (There still is a $15 rebate available for purchases after today).
I noticed there was a 35% sale on all Bi-O Kleen products. I LOVE this brand! It is the best cleaner I have ever used. However, it can be prohibitively expensive and it almost never goes on sale, and isn't widely available. In the past I was very excited about a $1 coupon for the stuff, if that says anything... So I decided to go ahead and stock up on Bi-O Kleen products. I even got to buy some that I haven't seen available in my area. I ended up with produce wash, rug shampoo, concentrated all-purpose cleaner, dishwasher powder, stain and oder eliminator, and all temperature laundry liquid at incredible prices!
In addition to the cleaning products, I also bought Jason Naturals tea tree oil for 15% off. This is something I have been wanting to buy anyways, and I knew it was probably going to be expensive, so I was happy to find any deal on it. It has a million uses, from blemish control to stripping cloth diapers!
My final good deal was 3 bags of Maxim organic cotton balls. Buy 3, get $3 off. So they ended up being $1.19 a bag. That's almost as cheap as non-organic cottonballs, so I'm pretty happy with that deal.

My subtotal was $50.13. After my $23.77 credit, I paid $26.59 OOP.
I shopped through Ebates for 6% cash-back!
AND I will be getting a $25 Restaurant.com gift certificate (which comes with any $25 purchase) back as well! Combining that with thost 70-80% off codes that come around so often and I will be eating for free for quite a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment