Tuesday, July 7, 2009

stockpile in style (not really)

I thought I would share some pics of my current stockpile (click on the pic to see it larger):




Penny likes to help me "arrange" things in there. As you can see, I do not have a lot of room to work with right now. I am seriously running out of space in this closet. And there are also plenty of stashes of things in various other spots in our apartment that are not pictured.


Because of the freaky type of memory I have, I can probably still you what I paid for each item you see here. Go ahead and test me.



Here's a close-up of the door organizer. It's pretty random because I have just started stuffing anything in it that will fit.

And of course, things are starting to spill out onto the closet floor as well.

This is where I keep the toothpaste, toothbrushes, mouthwash, and dental floss. Almost all of these were free. You also see vitamins and shampoo there that were free or close to it.


And here is the extra cleanng supplies area. Most of these came from the 1/2 off Lysol sale at Meijer a couple months ago. They ranged from about .17 to $1 each.


If you are new to couponing, you might be thinking WTF do you need all this stuff for and why do you hoard it like a deranged magpie? Well, my friends, stockpiling is truly the backbone to any successful couponer's strategy. The idea is not to buy what you need right now, but rather buy what you know you will need in the future AND only buy it when it is on sale (or at "stockpile prices"). Also, buy as much as you think you will need to last you until the next time the particular thing goes on sale. *Or buy more than you need and donate it to people who need it, or sell it to fuel your obsession further.*

To read about the importance of stockpiling, here are some helpful links:

A great article about why stockpiling works

The stockpiling forum at hotcouponworld will answer many questions for you

And if you don't wanna read, here's a video from local littlemissknowitall

I can't wait until we move to our new house so I can reorganize my stockpile and have a whole basement/garage to work with. Plus, we are getting a deepfreezer ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment